After a thourough analysis and discussions, I found Becker is the best book for CPA but COSTLIEST - around US$ 3,000 (INR.126,000) current editions. And I got an option to buy these from ebay & amazon (used ones and previous year's editions) for $ 200 ~ 250. I started downloading the updates from the publisher's websites and preparing for the exam (BEC). Since the subject (BEC) contents similar to most of our Indian CA course content, with much confidence start preparing for the exam.

Though I given the exam dates & started preparing, I have no clue how to get Madison (Exam Center - capital of Wisconsin). Nearly 3 weeks before the exam, I found the way from my client friend (a CPA lady Lynn Zegers) as to how to get the place with cheapest (INR. 2,400!!) fare. And accommodated in a Hostelling International - Dormitory ($22/night). Finished the exam and waiting for the result (with hopes).

On May 22, 2008 (Thursday) I got thunder landed in my head (Next to my earlier days of CA inter results) I got 58 scores (75 to pass). I was running out of clue why I got this. Also I got to ready for the next exam FAR on May 24, 2008. With good preparation in FAR, given my exams. I said good preparation because I found the mistakes I made in BEC and could able to get some more assistance with the Lecture CDs of Becker & Study groups. Done with the FAR exam on May 24, 2008 and waiting for the results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Blogger Template by Blogcrowds